About the role
We are looking for someone to work proactively to plan, deliver and evaluate marketing campaigns to promote our flagships brands to prospective students to reach site traffic, newsletter subscriber and event registration growth targets in line with our strategic ambitions. Provide ideas, advice & insight to colleagues in the team & across the business in support of marketing best practice, campaign optimisation and competitive market positioning.
- Use market insights & data analysis to build & execute integrated tactical student marketing plans which reach agreed strategic targets and ensure professional brand standards and key messaging are met.
- Play a full, active, and strategic role in the team to report on marketing activity, market research findings, and advise on appropriate tactical changes, as necessary. Share knowledge, best practice, and experience with colleagues to further build and improve broader marketing activity.
- Measure performance of marketing campaigns, gaining insight, assessing against goals, and making optimisations accordingly. Write and present reports (written and verbal), to the Senior Leadership Team on marketing activities and results.
- Manage external supplier & partner relationships with media and advertising agencies/companies, taking a holistic view across student marketing to maximise synergies and cost savings.
- Check, improve, proof, and provide a critical eye for all marketing assets and copywriting.
Candidates MUST have:
- Two years minimum in a marketing role
- A marketing qualification(s) e.g., through the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Proven experience developing and delivering marketing strategies and operational plans to achieve positive results against specific business objectives and targets.
- Excellent communication skills & experience providing sound marketing advice & ideas to colleagues across the business.
- A diplomatic approach to stakeholders: internal and external, you must be persuasive and resilient. Effective budget management skills.
- A critical eye and keen attention to detail.
- An analytical approach.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines.
Desirable candidates will also have:
- Experience of chairing meetings and leading project groups
- Experience of working in higher education and an understanding of sector marketing challenges.
- Wide-ranging understanding and appreciation of relevant national HE developments, policies and benchmarks.
- Willingness to work flexibly and out of hours as required*.
*Nature of work may require occasional travel & overnight stays.
What do we offer?
- Company pension scheme.
- 23 days annual leave PLUS one week shut down at Christmas/New Year AND Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Hybrid working
- Team social budget
- Cycle to work scheme with secure private parking and shower facilities
- Private courtyard and BBQ area.
- City centre location with laptop for work from home.
- Employee assistance programme. (https://www.westfieldhealth.com/)
- Retailer discounts from thousands of online retailers.
- Wellbeing events including Mindfulness and wellness ‘out and about’ hour
- Employee referral scheme
- Charity Volunteer Day
- Charity fund matching
- Corporate flu vaccine programme
Who are we looking for?
The right candidate will be an experienced and professionally qualified marketer, confident to question the norms, try new things and be innovative and creative in their approach. We need someone bright, determined, and high-energy; able to roll their sleeves up, take on multiple responsibilities, and contribute to the success of the team, whatever it takes.
You are self-motivated, proactive, organised, and most importantly, able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
About the team
Collaborative, creative, ambitious, and driven best describes us. You will be joining a strong and growing team with great chemistry who are passionate about what they do and always go the extra mile to reach their objectives.
Do you want to join our Family?
Please send us your application by hitting the button "Apply here!".